August 4, 2012

My Sweet Party August - Childhood Favourites




A new month has begun and it's time for a new My Sweet Party! The theme for August is CHILDHOOD FAVOURITES. Link up your contribution of your favourite childhood recipe, and beginning of September I'll feature my top three recipes and blogs. If you need more information about the rules for My Sweet Party, please check it out here.

Thanks for all your yummie contributions for July's theme My Favourite Pie. I will within the newx few days choose my top three favouries so make sure to stop by soon again!


My Sweet Party Rules
1. Become a follower of "Me And My Sweets".
2. Add "My Sweet Party" logo to your post with a link back to your host blog "Me And My Sweets". Add the "My Sweet Party" link for that particular month so other bloggers can find recipes, receive more visits/comments and discover new inspiring blogs.
3.Place "My Sweet Party" button on the sidebar of your blog.
4. Post a link of your months contribution to "My Sweet Party"
5. Visit other participants for delicious inspiration - make sure you have some treats while browsing as I'm sure you'll be craving sweets after a short while:-)

Here's "My Sweet Party" button for you to grab. And the link to your host http://www.meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/






My contribution for this month is Swedish Chocolate Balls. Quick, easy and no bake needed! This is one of the first treats I learned to make on my own as a kid and it's still a favourite. These are sold at most cafées in Sweden, and not only kids love them:-) You can roll your chocolate balls in desiccated coconut, colourful sprinkles, pearl sugar or whatever topping you like.





Swedish Chocolate Balls, 25 pcs
100 g butter
1 dl sugar (100 ml)
3 dl porridge oats (300 ml)
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tbs cold strong coffee


Topping: desiccated coconut, pearl sugar, sprinkles etc.


Place ingredients in a bowl and mix together into a dough, using your hands. Roll pieces of the dough to form small chocolate balls. Then roll your chocolate balls in desiccated coconut, pearl sugar or colourful sprinkles. You can eat the Chocolate Balls directly, or place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour if you prefer them more firm and cold.


ENJOY!


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. These chocolate balls look incredibly good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kokosbollar, yum, yum! How can you not? Easy to make and OH SO gooey and... chocolatey ;) And no, not pearl sugar or sprinkles! It has to be coconut! :D Thanks for the new theme, gonna try to figure something out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I too prefer them with coconut:-) I'm looking forward to see what you link up:-)

      Delete
  3. Love the theme. My childhood favourites were always cookies. Or biscuits rather LOL. They were always to hand in the special cupboard in the kitchen. Ahh memories!

    The choccy balls look great. I love that you've sprinkled them. So cheerful!

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the invite! I would love it if you would join my link party at http://www.mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-2.html and leave some of your delicious treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite! I linked up my Classic Lemon Bars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great selection! I could devour them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your Swedish balls look fantastic...I love that they have both oats and coconut...YUM. And thanks for the invite to your linky party...I'm deciding what to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for inviting me to your party. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Just discovered your party! I've followed your blog and submitted my first entry :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna