July 20, 2012

Vanilla Muffins with Fresh Strawberries



This muffin recipe is a keeper and a new favourite of mine! I'm not sure a muffin can taste much more of summer than this one and is best eaten outdoors on a sunny summers day:-) I used real vanilla seeds instead of vanilla sugar as I wanted a more intense vanilla flavour and I used fresh strawberries. If you use frozen strawberries, they get crushed more easily turning your batter into a pinkish colour.





Vanilla Muffins with Fresh Strawberries
125 grams butter, room temperature
1 dl sugar (100ml)
1 dl brown sugar (100 ml)
2 egg
1 1/2 dl cream (150ml)
4 1/2 dl flour (450ml
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 vanilla pod.
3 dl fresh strawberries (300ml), this is just an estimate.

Pearl sugar for decoration.


Preheat the oven at 175 degrees C. Chop strawberries roughly, buy don't make them too small as you would like chunks of strawberries.

Combine butter and sugar and then add the eggs one by one while whisking. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine carefully, not to crush the strawberries. Divide the batter in muffin cups placed in a muffin tray. Sprinkle pear sugar on top of each muffin. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes or until a stick comes out clean.

Don't miss out of My Sweet Party - July! The theme for this month is My Favourite Pie.




ENJOY!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. These look so good. I like the thought of using vanilla seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I love these muffins! I am a huge fan of vanilla and strawberries together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm......those look so tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this recipe looks great, but can you tell me how to translate 450 ml of flour, as I only use ml for liquid measurements - 450 g? or in cups perhaps? Thanks, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb,

      250ml is 1 cup so 450 is almost 2 cups. I have a conversions page for more exact measurements. I hope this helps!

      Cheers!

      Johanna

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna