July 29, 2012

Stracciatella Ice-Cream



It's summertime, and what's the best dessert for a warm summer day? Yes, ice-cream! I like my ice-cream full fat and the creamier the tastier. The base is a vanilla bean-ice cream, and I used a vanilla pod and not vanilla sugar because the vanilla pod brings out more flavour than vanilla sugar. I added shredded dark high quality chocolate to make my Stracciatella Ice-Cream. The shredded bits of chocolate makes the ice-cream slightly crunchy in every bite.





Stracciatella Ice-cream
4 egg yolks
3/4 dl sugar (75ml)
1 vanilla pod
3 1/2 dl whipping cream (350ml)
250 grams high quality dark chocolate (I used 70%)

Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until sugar dissolves and the mixture is creamy and fluffy. In a separate bowl, add whipping cream and vanilla seeds. Whip until fluffy. Combine both mixtures carefully and add shredded dark chocolate.

Pour the mixture in your ice-cream maker and follow instructions according to your brand. If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, pour the mixture in a plastic container and let it freeze for a couple of hours. Stir occasionally to minimize the amount of ice particles.

ENJOY!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Yummy, one of my favorite ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful!! Yum, I just love ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe gets a big chapeau from me. I love Italian ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's winter here in Sydney but for me, its never too cold for some ice cream haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! In Sweden we eat a lot of ice-cream all year round. Wintertime it's perfect together with a warm applepie:-)

      Delete
  6. It looks like those cookies and cream flavored ice cream which I saw in television but it was more yummier and creamier. I am already craving to taste this nice icecream. Thumbs up for this nice dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jag har precis införskaffat en glassmaskin och är redo att få inspiration. Det ser supergott ut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vad kul! Jag köpte min nyligen oxå:-) Jag blev förvånad över hur lätt det är att göra sin egna glass så nu är det slut på köpeglas framöver:-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna