July 1, 2012

My Sweet Party -July - My Favourite Pie

Thanks everybody for yet another month with amazing recipes, this time themed Summer Fruits. You contributed with 59 amazing summery recipes! In a few days I'll feature my top three favourites, so please visit soon again to see if your Summer Fruit recipe is amongst my favourites. If you like to see all contributions, check it out here.

Today it's the 1st of July and it's time for a new theme, and I hope you'll like to participate. The theme for July is MY FAVORITE PIE. Link up your contribution of your favourite pie, and beginning of August I'll feature my top three recipes and blogs. If you need more information about the rules for My Sweet Party, please check it out
here.


My Sweet Party Rules1. Become a follower of "Me And My Sweets".
2. Add "My Sweet Party" logo to your post with a link back to your host blog "Me And My Sweets". Add the "My Sweet Party" link for that particular month so other bloggers can find recipes, receive more visits/comments and discover new inspiring blogs.
3.Place "My Sweet Party" button on the sidebar of your blog.
4. Post a link of your months contribution to "My Sweet Party"
5. Visit other participants for delicious inspiration - make sure you have some treats while browsing as I'm sure you'll be craving sweets after a short while:-)

Here's "My Sweet Party" button for you to grab. And the link to your host http://www.meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/






This is my favourite Rhubarb Pie! Imagine a layer of sticky, caramel-like cookies on a bed of soft, sweet and tangy rhubarbs. That’s how this pie tastes like! And, it’s supereasy to make. I had three helpings, I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, but it was just too delicious not to….This pie may not look spectacular, I admit, it actually looks kinda plain, but I promise, this is no ordinary pie! Serve with vanilla-bean ice-cream.



If you like the pie crust and would like to bake it in cookie form, try this recipe, Sticky Toffee Cookies.



Rhubarb Pie
5 rhubarb stalks, cut into pieces
125 grams butter, room-temperature
1 dl sugar (100ml)
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 dl flour (200ml)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla sugar


Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.

Place rhubarb pieces in a pie dish. Place the other ingredients in a bowl and work to a dough. Flatten the dough on a floured pastry board and place on top of the rhubarbs. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden. Serve with vanilla-bean ice-cream.

This is contributed to Foodie Friday and Sweets for Saturday.

ENJOY!


16 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the reminder! I have a pie in mind. :) Right now I'm co-hosting the Unique Sweets dessert challenge - high end, exotic, high skill level desserts. I'd love to have you in the contest. http://whitelightsonwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/07/unique-sweets-link-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vad gott, rabarber är verkligen alltid perfekt i bakverk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhubarb is at the top of my list....sadly, no pie at my house....just, a crumble three times this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty loaf! I wish I had some rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :D
    I am definitely going to start following your blog but ann sorry to say I cannot participate in this specific sweet party because I have a party coming up at the end of July for which I am baking something else - I will keep an eye out though and for your next months theme, would love to participate :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invite - I'll link up!
    Have a great day
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for inviting me to link up! Everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopped by from http://homefront.prudentliving.com so glad to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I am a dork I read the sweets part, but not the pie part. I'm sorry, but I can't get my cupcake post off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There, I removed your tasty looking cupcake:-) I hope you have a pie in storage or bake something before end of July!

      Cheers!

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for visiting our blog and inviting us to link up. This looks like a great party! Looking forward to following you. Have a terrific week!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute blog! I am loving it!! Thanks for hosting this party!! I added a button to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm glad you linked up and I hope to share yummie recipes with you:-)

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the invite! I barely made it to this month's linky, but looking forward to what you have in store for next month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Är första gången jag är med här :) La precis upp mitt bidrag, men kom på att jag kanske skulle fråga om det är okej att receptet är på svenska? Har en google translate-knapp på bloggen (Blir ju inte helt korrekt översatt, men alltid något) Hoppas det är okej! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna