July 24, 2012

Apple Custard Tea Cake



This teacake gets a big thumbs up! The grated apples and of course the custard make it moist and yummie. It also has a hint of cinnamon flavour to it. It prefect for your afternoon tea or even as a dessert. The cake is equally delicious the day after, so  you can very well preparem this cake in advance.




Apple Custard Tea Cake
125 grams butter, room temperature
2 dl sugar (200ml)
2 eggs
4 1/2 dl flour (450ml)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
2 grated apples

Custard
2 egg yolks
3 dl milk (300ml)
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
1 vanilla pod


Divide the vanilla pod and place the seeds in a saucepan. Add the other ingredients and stir. Let the mixture simmer and whisk by hand at the same time, until custard thickens. Don't let the cream boil as it easily burns. Set aside, and let it cool.

Preheat the oven at 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a cake tin.

Combine butter and sugar and then add the eggs one by one, while whisking. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine carefully. The cake mixture is rather thick. Spread half the batter in the cake tin. Spread the custard over the cake mixture. Then add the remaining cake batter, easist is to place dollops of the cake batter on top of the custard and then carefully even it out with a spatula. Bake inte the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes or until a stick comes out clean.

Don't miss out of My Sweet Party - July! The theme for this month is My Favourite Pie.


ENJOY!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. How delicious! I love the custard with the freshness of the apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna, your cake looks amazing! It looks all light and fluffy, I would love to have this with a cup of tea or coffee!! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I love the custard fill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww, this looks delicious! see more apple cake recipes at tiptap.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy and easy to make which, as a novice baker, is what I like about my cakes at my skill level. Cheers for this recipe this will come in handy for tomorrow's tea party with my lasses from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cake will be perfect for your tea party, and yes not at all difficult to make. I hope it turned out well!

      Delete
  6. That cake looks so tasty! Do you think I could swat the apple for caramel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made this with caramel, but experiment and see how it turns out. Maybe you'll discover a new favourite cake:-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna