April 24, 2012

American Pancakes




Today I made American Pancakes for the first time! Why haven't I made them before?! Honestly, I have no idea. In Sweden we make thin pancakes, and those I've eaten many, many times:-) And I love them! But American Pancakes, I've eaten them only once or twice before, but never made them myself. I definitely have to make them again, they are light, fluffy and great when you're in the mood for a lazy weekend breakfast. OK, it's not a weekend today, but I had my day off, so I could enjoy a loooong and lazy breakfast anyway:-)

Top your pancakes with your favourite berries, maple syrup and you're set for a fabulous start of the day.






American Pancakes, serves 4
2 1/2 dl flour (250ml)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 1/2 dl milk (250ml)
2 tbsp melted butter + butter for cooking
1 egg

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. in a separate bowl mix together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.

Pour the milk mixture into flour mixture and beta until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with a little mixing.

Heat a non-sticking pan and add a knob of butter. When melted, add about two tablespoons of batter for each pancake - add another ladle of batter or more if it fits in your pan.

When the top of the pancake begins to bubble, flip it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until you used up all your batter.

Serve immediately with maple syrup and fresh berries.




This is my contribution to Breakfast Ideas Mondays.



Enjoy!

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Oh I love American pancakes! And I would love to sit down to a plate of pancakes stacked this high! That would be heaven for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can honestly say it was heaven to me and I truly enjoyed my breakfast:)

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful, Johanna. I've never made american pancakes yet. How do they compare to regular pancakes (milk, flour & eggs)? I'm also interested in their breakfast waffles, they look yummy!

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Thank you! I def recommend you to give it a go, you won't be dissapointed:-) They are yummy!!:-) The big difference is the addition of baking powder and a small amount of sugar. otherwise, very similaar but the result is fluffy pancakes:-) Cheers!

      Delete
  3. I am definitely going to try these fluffy and delicious looking pancakes. Yummm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're the perfect pancakes! I love your photos.

    Stay in the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally pancakes!!! :D Im definitely making these as soon as i get a decent kitchen [you know what i mean...;)]!! I love american pancakes especially with maple syrup (or chocolate!)and yours look very very tempting! But Johanna now you really have to make Swedish pancakes as well!! We must see those!XX E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yezzz, next time I'll make Swedish pancakes:-)But first pea soup for a Swedish classic Thursday dinner. Indeed very yummy too! XOXO

      Delete
  6. i adore pancakes, and since i live in italy it makes me feel like i'm at home whenever i smell them cooking on a sunday morning! mm! i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is def the prefect way of making you feel closer to home. I like your blog too, and am a new and happy follower.

      Delete
  7. I adore light and fluffy pancakes and for having made them your first time, these turned out gorgeous - I don't think I've ever wanted a pancake more ;) I love this so much, I'm featuring this post in today's Friday Food Fetish roundup (with a link-back and attribution), but please let me know if you have any objections. It's a pleasure to be following your creations…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You're more than welcome to feature my posts whenever you find something you like. I'm happy to be included in your round up and I'm heading over right away to see all the other recipes. Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  8. You've been featured in this week's Breakfast Ideas Mondays! Thanks for your submission and hope to see you again soon! http://www.yummyinspirations.net/2012/05/breakfast-ideas-mondays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pancakes are my favorite breakfast (lunch or dinner)! Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna