March 8, 2012

Vanilla and Blueberry Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting

I was browsing recipe sites the other day, which I do, a couple of days each week for inspiration... :-) I found lots of cutie cupcakes on Baker Girl and I instantly felt that I just had to make my own batch of cupcakes. I went for Vanilla and Blueberry Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting. Blueberries gives the frosting such a pretty natural colour without using any artificial colourings.

Since I'm a big fan of these sweet and delicious berries, this is my contribution for the Swedish blog Söta Sakers, monthly challenge with the encouragement of baking something personal.





Vanilla and Blueberry Cupcakes, 12 large
3 eggs
3 dl sugar
75 grams butter
1,5 dl milk
4,5 dl flour
2 tsp baking-powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 dl blueberries

Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
60 grams butter, room-temperature
5 dl icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
100 grams cream cheese
Blueberries


Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.

Whisk egg and sugar white and fluffy. Melt butter, add milk and bring to boil. Add to the egg and sugar mixture.

Combine flour, baking-powder and vanilla sugar. Add to mixture and carefully combine. Do not mix as this will give you dense cupcakes. Pour the mixture in muffin cups, fill it to 1/3, add blueberries and fill the muffin cup to 2/3 with mixture.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.  Let the muffins cool-down before decorating with  Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting:

Whisk butter, icing, sugar and vanilla sugar into a smooth cream. Add the cream cheese and blueberries according to what colour you would like to achieve. Maybe you have to add more icing-sugar depending on how much fluid there is in the blueberries. Spread the frosting on your cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles, blueberries etc.




This is also my contribution to the  Foodie Friday virtual cookbook.






Enjoy!


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cupcakes! They look sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty cupcake. Wishing I had one of these right now. ;-)
    ~ Sarah, your linky neighbor above you on Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really good, and so pretty! :)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ser supermumsigt ut! Ser fram emot att ha en liten bakdag, så man kan få testa godsakerna :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes are gorgeous! I love the pretty frosting with the sprinkles :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! I really like your blog- In fact I put it in my blog list! All of your recipes look amazing and your pictures are just so professional! I'm gonna try some of your desserts and give some feedback soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna