February 15, 2012

Ham and Cheese Muffins




This is the first time I've baked ham and cheese muffins or even salty muffins. But I'm definitely going to do it again:-) I had soup for dinner last night and these muffins made it more hearty. They are also great for breakfast, afternoon snack or for picnic.

Ham and Cheese Muffins, 12 pcs

4,5 dl flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
ground black pepper
100 g chopped smoked ham
140 g grated cheddar cheese
2 eggs
2,5 dl milk
85 g butter

Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C. Grease a muffin baking plate or use paper muffin liners.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper in a bowl. Add chopped smoked ham and almost all grated cheddar cheese and combine. Leave some cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top of your muffins before baking.

Beat the eggs, in another bowl, add milk and butter and whisk. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and combine until well blended, but do not stir too much. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the muffins.

Bake the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes, until golden. Serve warm!




Enjoy!


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love the "salty Muffins. I used to do cheese and spinach ones and love the combination of sweet and savory (my Muffin recipe still has some sugar. You got a lovely Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I checked out yours and I really like the travelling aspect. I too love to travel and explore new things all over the world:-)

      Delete
  2. ham + cheese = delicious combo! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love savor muffins! These look really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look as good as I imagined they would. Thanks for telling me about them. I am dying to make a ham and cheese scone. Thanks for coming my my blog. Looking forward to sharing recipes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for asking te obvious... but may i know what does dl syands fo in your ingredient measurement i.e. 1,4 dl flour...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sarah, No worries at all. dl is decilitre and 1 dl is 100ml. I hope you like the muffins:-)

      Have a nice day!

      XXX
      Johanna

      Delete
  6. thanks for your very prompt reply... i'll be trying them out tmrw & i'll let you know how they turn out (& how fast they'll get consumed!) :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna